Politics - Not A Sport

A clear look at politics.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Reasons why the Republicans could lose in November

Iraq-66% of Americans disapprove of the way Bush is handling the situation in Iraq and that does not look like its going to change soon. Iraq is on the verge of a civil war, troops are leaving the Iraq army because they can’t be deployed in there town, the U.S is spending about 5-7 billion a month in Iraq, the Iraq government can’t get along; media bias is pushing the truth, and the false.



Loss of base-Bush supporting RINO’s in Rhode Island and Pennsylvania and also attacking there conservative opponent, Republicans voting against veterans

Spending-Federal expenditures have grown to an estimated $2.31 trillion for the budget year that started October 1. That is up from $1.86 trillion in President Clinton's, huge deficit; government spending has grown nearly 29% over the last four years

Immigration-Lack of a plan that they can agree on, Senator McCain’s plan, loss of support from legal immigrants



Tom Delay- After the Tom Delay fallout the republicans have been looked at as Nixion’ish and Jack did not help.


Energy Dependence-Lack

of progress, gas prices, throwing money at stuff that is not working, bill that made gas 10% ethanol making prices rise

Iran- Nothing is being done in the U.S or UN, to much talk not a lot of action

But as a lot of this is based on polls, some of it does not matter too bush. In the words of bush’s backup,” If I cared about polls I would run for president of Poland!”

Next I will be looking at why the democrats may not win in November.






5 Comments:

At 5/26/2006 8:54 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

Excellent post, Philosopher. I will be looking forward to your post on why you think the Democrats may not win in November. Please let me know when it's up.

I see you haven't been blogging for very long, and so I welcome you to the blogosphere.

I do want you to know that Bush hasn't lost this conservative; I don't expect any person on earth to be perfect, but I do believe he has done a good job of protecting us, and I also believe handing over the house and senate to Democrats would be a disaster. I'm also disapointed at how our borders - especially the southern one - are being handled. But like I said, no one is pefect. As I live in Central Texas, the southern border may be of more concern to me than most.

It seems RINO's are causing the greatest problem. I don't understand why they don't just come out and admit they are Democrats!

Keep up the good work. Your post is thought provoking, and that's a good thing!

Blessings.

 
At 5/27/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger Rick's Corner said...

You make some very valid points. Still, I am optimistic. Thanks for visiting my blog.

 
At 5/28/2006 6:15 PM, Blogger ABFreedom said...

Cool post ... can't wait for the Dem's version ...

 
At 6/01/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger Aidan said...

Gayle- I think the Bush has done a pretty good job of keeping his base, when it comes to government and Supreme Court nominations. But I am a lot more skeptical when it comes to who he endorses in election. As I stated in Rhode Island he is supporting Lincoln Chaffee, who is basically a liberal and did not even vote for him from president. But overall I think he has done a good job

Rick’s Corner- Thanks

ABFreedom- I just posted it so as I’m sure you can see there version is a lot longer.

 
At 3/05/2007 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home